Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Marriage

After what seems like FOREVER, I am finally one month away from becoming Mrs. Travis Richards, and let me tell you just how excited I am......WAAAAAAAAAY excited.  I have so many reasons to be excited, other than the obvious.  

After we get married, I can FINALLY move out of this apartment.  There is a huge back story on the issues with my current living conditions but, long story short, IT SUCKS!  I have never ever wanted out of some place so much in my entire life.  I decided to live with my best friend (at the time she was, we are hardly friends now) and I thought it was going to be awesome. WRONG!  To be completely honest, it has turned out to be the worst experience of my life, and I regret doing it.  However, there is a silver lining to this story, and its name is Travis Richards.

I first met Travis in August of 2010, and he has been nothing but amazing to me.  He has helped me through everything, and I am extremely grateful to have someone as wonderful as him in my life.  I'm not trying to get all mushy, but it is MY opinion.  No matter what has happened, he has been there for me, not out of obligation, but because he wants to be.  He always tells me that as long as I am happy, he is happy.  After dating for about 10 months, we got engaged on July 3, 2011.  It was one of the happiest moments of my life.  We are getting married on Feb. 18th in Nauvoo, Illinois and it will be the start of a new chapter of life that I am very much looking forward to.

The wait has seemed like forever.  There were actually two couples in our church that got engaged after us, but married before us.  As an impatient Bride-to-be you can only imagine how frustrating that might have been.  My bestie Amy, always made the comment that she was going to get engaged at the beginning of January and get married Jan 31st.  She doesn't even have a boyfriend, so I think I am  good.

Becoming Mrs. Travis Richards only has one bad side (if you even want to call it that).  After we get married, Travis wants to go off to grad school in the fall.  The schools that he is applying at are all mostly West, which means that I would have to leave the one area I have known for my entire life, and...my family.  My family is the one most important thing in my life, and I am terrified to leave them.  Especially with the recent death of my Papaw, I feel that my family needs me around now more than ever.  I know that a lot of my feelings are because I am afraid of change, but I still worry.  I'm sure where ever we go we will enjoy, and it will be nice to go off and have a fresh start with my new hubby.  I have conflicting emotions on the matter, and probably always will.

I currently have a countdown on my phone that tells me everyday how many days I have left until my wedding.  Some people think that is a little overkill, but I love having it.  It is a constant reminder that everyday is a day closer to be someones wife.  Now that I have Travis, I can't imagine my life without him, nor do I ever want to.  He is just what the doctor ordered, and my answered prayer.  I am extremely lucky, and will be forever thankful to have him. :)  As Christina Perri would say, "Like a Soul mate, he's my Penguin."

No comments:

Post a Comment