Monday, January 23, 2012

Annoyance

A few days ago, I got a text from my roommate stating that she has "strep throat" and that I should not come home because I was recovering from the Flu.  I informed her that instead of camping out in the living room, where she was been for the past couple of weeks, that maybe she should camp out in her room so her "strep" doesn't spread in the apartment.  Of course she ignored me, and still remains in the living room, along with her dirty clothes hamper.  (Which is right in front of the main door to the apt, I might add).  I also mentioned that I was on antibiotics already, and as long as she doesn't camp out in my room, I should be fine.  After complaining for what seemed like forever, I started ignoring her texts, and went about my business.  I got home, and she was passed out on the couch, so it ready didn't matter anyways.  Side note:  The night before she "got strep", I couldn't get her to shut up long enough to let me go to bed.  And that morning, she was PERFECTLY fine.

On Friday night, she decided to have a bunch of friends over to the apt for game night.  Mind you, this is the same night that the ice storm hit, and the day after she "got strep".  She had three guys over, and they were drinking and playing games ALL night.  I could not sleep at all.  Finally, at 5 in the morning, I couldn't take it anymore.  I opened the door, and asked why in the world they were all still here and being so loud.  "For someone who has strep, and was making such a big deal out of it, you really shouldn't be having friends over in the first place," I said.  Her response?  "I'm only contagious the first 24 hours."  TOTALLY NOT MY POINT!  I'm sorry, but if you have strep, and there is also a bad ice storm outside, there is absolutely NO reason for your friends to be here, ESPECIALLY when none of you know how to show common courtesy for the roommate who is trying to sleep cause she has to work early in the morning.

That's ok...whenever I want to strangle her, I just think....just a couple more weeks......or 24 days til freedom!!!!!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment